Where can you find Cindy?
July 2018 UCLA Hawaii Symposium: July 3, 2018
It’s that time of year again! It’s the 28th Annual UCLA Hawaii Symposium being held on the west shores of the island of Maui. Set in the gorgeous backdrop of The Ritz Carlton Resort at Kapalua Bay, this 5-day conference is a chance to hear from world-renowned speakers and network with fellow industry professionals. On Tuesday, July 3, enjoy a fun and comprehensive talk on Practice Management by Cindy Ishimoto. Owners and team members can benefit from the many insights Cindy has garnered as an international dental consultant.
Each year, hundreds of participants and their families enjoy the beautiful setting while taking invaluable information and learning new techniques that can be applied to their practices immediately. Learn more about the symposium here.Register Now
July 16-17 Coaching Honolulu, Hawaii
August 1-2 Coaching Honolulu, Hawaii
August 11, 2018, Walking in a Lunge1vity event raising funds for Lung cancer
I’m participating in an event to raise money to fight lung cancer—and I need your help!
My best friend Jan Poulsen is a lung cancer survivor, I am grateful every day for the advances in treating lung cancer that were available to her. This would never have happened if it weren’t for the ongoing research on this horrible disease. She was NOT a smoker; her lung cancer was caused by exposure to Radon Gas.
Radon gas is a natural, chemically inert gas that is a natural decay product of uranium. It decays to form products that emit a type of ionizing radiation. Radon gas is a known cause of lung cancer, with an estimated 12% of lung cancer deaths attributable to radon gas, or 15,000 to 22,000 lung cancer-related deaths annually in the U.S. Radon gas can travel up through the soil and enter homes through gaps in the foundation, pipes, drains, or other openings. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency estimates that one out of every 15 homes in the U.S. contains dangerous levels of radon gas. Radon gas is invisible and odorless but can be detected with simple test kits.
Proceeds from this event will benefit LUNGevity Foundation, the leading private provider of research funding for lung cancer. I’m making a personal commitment to help them raise money to support their vital work—will you please help me?
LUNGevity Foundation is firmly committed to having an immediate impact on increasing quality of life and survivorship of people with lung cancer by accelerating research into early detection and more effective treatments, as well as providing community, support, and education for all those affected by the disease.
Please join me in my efforts to stop lung cancer—the leading cancer killer—now! LUNGevity Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Your contribution is tax-deductible to the full extent provided by law.Donate to Help Fight Lung Cancer
September 12-13, 2018 Consulting in Honolulu, Hawaii
October 8-12, 2018 Consulting in Council Bluffs Iowa
October 15-17, 2018 ADMC (Academy of Dental Management Consultants) Annual Meeting Honolulu, Hawaii
October 18-21, 2018 ADA (American Dental Association) Annual Convention Honolulu, Hawaii
October 29-31, 2018 Consulting in Honolulu, Hawaii
November 1, 2018 Leadership of the Pride in San Diego, California
Register for Leadership of the Pride
November 19-28, 2018 Amsterdam, Netherlands (Holland)
January 17, 2019, Speaking for Rocky Mountain Dental Convention (RMDC)
Presenting in the morning session: Field of Dreams
Afternoon session: The Generational Divide: Linking the Generations
April 8, 2019, Consulting in Honolulu, Hawaii
April 25-30, 2019 Portland, Oregon
July 1-5, 2019 UCLA Advance Continuum: Kauai, Hawaii Speaking 1 full day, curriculum to be announced.
July 17 and 20, 2019 Speaking for AADOM (American Academy of Dental Office Managers) Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort, Orlando, Florida
July 17 2:30-4:30pm Spouse program: Field of Dreams
July 20, 1:00-3:00 Advanced Managers Track: Gen-blending creating Generation “US” Mixing and Managing Generations in Dentistry
September 2-4, 2019 ADMC (Academy of Dental Management Consultants) Annual Meeting
September 5-8 2019 ADA (American Dental Association) Annual Convention San Francisco, California<
April 3, 2020, Manitoba Dental Association Convention in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada presenting ½ day: The Generational Divide: Linking the Generations
- Nov 1-3, 2017 Wahoo, Nebraska
- Oct 3-6, 2017 Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Oct 17-18, 2017 Academy of Dental Management Consultants annual meeting, Atlanta, Georgia
- Oct 19-21, 2017 ADA annual meeting Atlanta, Georgia
- September 5-10 AADOM conference Scottsdale, AZ
I highly recommend this meeting to all office managers, administraters and business assistants. AADOM is focused on providing a quality meeting with a vast amount of educational opportunities focused on the business management of a dental practice. Register today, and let them know you were referred by Cindy Ishimoto
- July 2017 Full Day Presentation: UCLA Hawaii Symposium: July 5, 2017
The symposium takes place over 5 days at the beautiful Fairmont Orchid on the stunning Kohala Coast. This annual event is a chance to hear from world-renowned speakers and connect with industry professionals while enjoying the natural beauty of such idyllic surroundings. Read more. The UCLA Hawaii Symposium features a full day for dental staff on Wednesday with Cindy Ishimoto, which is always very well received. Every year hundreds of participants come to the course looking for a beautiful vacation and take away outstanding new information and techniques to apply in their practices on Monday. Learn more about the symposium and register online.
- June 5-9, 2017 Wahoo, Nebraska
- Jun 16, 2017 Pacific Northwest Dental Conference Seattle Washington (If you do not PRE-pare, you will need to RE-pair, Broken Appointments: The black holes of scheduling success)
- Jun 20, 2017 Webinar
What You Don’t Know WILL Kill You – Business Reporting & Analytics – Part 2 content above
Are you or is someone in your practice a “statistic-phobe?”
Too often practice owners and office managers “think” or “feel” like everything is going well in the practice, but they have nothing concrete to back up their feelings.
Often, folks would rather look the other way than dive into the facts and figures behind their dental practice. For example, when it comes to A/R:
- What are your typically “bad months”? Not sure…you should be.
- If you do know what months are worse for you, do you know what to do about it?
- What parts of the systems you have in place are NOT working?
- What are the numbers supposed to be?
- What’s the 90-day number supposed to be?
NEA Powered by Vyne welcomes well-known dental consultant, Cindy Ishimoto as she shares best practices for tracking your practice’s trends and how to use those facts and figures to your advantage.Register Now
- Apr 21-25, 2017 Honolulu, HI
- Feb 6-10, 2017 Wahoo Nebraska
- Jan 17-21, 2017 Council Bluffs Iowa
- June 16–17, 2016 Pacific North Dental Conference Seattle (Broken Appointments: The Black Holes of Scheduling Success – If you do not PRE-pare you will need to RE-pair)
- Jan 21–22, 2016 Honolulu, Hawaii: HDA Annual Convention
- Nov 5–8, 2015 Washington D.C.: ADA National Convention
- Nov 2–4, 2015 Washington D.C.: Academy of Dental Management Consultants (ADMC) Annual Meeting
- Oct 15-18, 2015 Williams Lake, BC, Canada
- Aug 26–29, 2015 Nashville, Tennessee: AADOM National Convention
- Aug 15-22, 2015 Salt Lake City, Utah
- Aug 4-5, 2015 Honolulu, Hawaii
- Jul 16-20, 2015 Monterey, California
- Jun 23–25, 2015 Grand Hyatt Kauai, Hawaii: 25th Annual UCLA Hawaii Aesthetic Continuum
- May 27–30, 2015 Boise, Idaho
- May 6–11, 2015 Monterey, California
- Apr 20–22, 2015 Las Vegas, Nevada
- Apr 15–17, 2015 Milburn, New Jersey
- Mar 25–26, 2015 Honolulu, Hawaii
- Mar 16–17, 2015 Las Vegas, Nevada
- Mar 11–12, 2015 Honolulu Hawaii
- Mar 4–9, 2015 Vancouver, British Columbia
- Feb 25–26, 2015 Honolulu, Hawaii
- Feb 18, 2015 Honolulu, Hawaii
- Feb 5–9, 2015 Monterey, California
- Feb 2–4, 2015 Las Vegas, Nevada
- Jan 29–30, 2015 Honolulu, Hawaii
- Jan 15–16, 2015 Honolulu, Hawaii: Hawaii Dental Association Annual Meeting
- Jan 15, 2015 Honolulu, Hawaii
- Jan 8–10, 2015 Las Vegas, Nevada
- Dec 1–4, 2014 Williams Lake, British Columbia, Canada
- Nov 15, 2014 Session III Periodontal & Implant Associates of Hawaii: Hawaii Graduate Dental Forum
- Oct 22-24, 2014 Kailua-Kona, Hawaii: Dr. Melissa Nitta and Team
- Oct 9–14, 2014 San Antonio, Texas: ADA National Convention
- Oct 7–8, 2014 San Antonio, Texas: Academy of Dental Management Consultants (ADMC) annual meeting
- Oct 6, 2014 San Antonio, Texas: CareCredit Summit
- Sep 10–12, 2014 Honolulu, Hawaii
- Sep 8, 2014 Wailuku, Maui, Hawaii
- Sep 3–5, 2014 San Diego, California: AADOM Meeting
- Sep 2, 2014 Monterey, California
- August 28–29, 2014 Monterey, California
- Aug 24–26, 2014 Dentrix Summit, Utah
- Aug 13, 2014 Honolulu, Hawaii
- Aug 4–5, 2014 Wailuku, Maui, Hawaii
- Jul 12, 2014 Session II Periodontal & Implant Associates of Hawaii: Hawaii Graduate Dental Forum
- Jul 1–3, 2014 Fairmont Orchid Hotel Hawaii: UCLA Hawaii Aesthetic Continuum
- Jun 26–27, 2014 Fayetteville, Arkansas
- Jun 10–12, 2014 Honolulu, Hawaii
- Jun 3–4, 2014 Williams Lake, British Columbia, Canada (Hygiene Consultant Leslie Neveu RDH)
- May 1–2, 2014 Boise, Idaho
- Apr 19, 2014 Session I Periodontal & Implant Associates of Hawaii: Hawaii Graduate Dental Forum
- Apr 14, 2014 Wailuku, Hawaii
- Mar 20–21, 2014 Kona, Hawaii
- Mar 19, 2014 Honolulu, Hawaii
- Mar 7, 2014 Maui, Hawaii
- Mar 5–6, 2014 Honolulu, Hawaii
- Feb 19–21, 2014 Fayetteville, Arkansas
- Feb 10–18, 2014 Las Vegas, Nevada
- Jan 29–30, 2014 Honolulu, Hawaii
- Jan 22–24, 2014 Kona, Hawaii
- Jan 13–17, 2014 Las Vegas, Nevada
- Jan 8–9, 2014 Honolulu, Hawaii
- Nov 27–Dec 2, 2013 Las Vegas, Nevada & Salt Lake City, Utah
- Nov 12–15, 2013 Cincinnati, Ohio
- Oct 29–Nov 2, 2013 New Orleans, Louisiana
- Oct 16–18, 2013 Milburn, New Jersey
- Oct 7–10, 2013 Williams Lake British Columbia Canada
- Sep 18–22, 2013 Orlando, Florida
- Sep 10-13, 2013 Fayetteville, Arkansas
- Aug 28–30, 2013 Kona, Hawaii
- Aug 21–23, 2013 Lodi, California
- Aug 14–19, 2013 Salt Lake City, Utah
- Jul 31–Aug 1, 2013 Honolulu, Hawaii
- Jul 25, 2013 Vancouver British Columbia Canada
- Jul 22–24, 2013 Williams Lake British Columbia Canada
- Jul 9–10, 2013 Honolulu, Hawaii
Periodontal & Implant Associates of Hawaii: Hawaii Graduate Dental Forum The Hawaii Dental Forum began in 2005 as a new and unique study group that is directly associated with the Seattle Study Club Organization. There are now over 182 Seattle Study Clubs throughout the USA. The Hawaii Dental Forum is exclusively the first and only study group here in Hawaii to be affiliated with the Seattle Study Club Organization and will receive their full and expert support. Members of the Hawaii Dental Forum will also receive full continuing education credit for courses.Cindy Ishimoto will be presenting at 3 of Drs. Clyde and Michael Umaki’s Study Sessions:
- Session I – Saturday, April 19, 2014
- Session II – Saturday, July 12, 2014
- Session III – Saturday, November 15, 2014
Full Day Presentation UCLA Hawaii 2014 Esthetic Dentistry & Periodontics Main Conference: July 2, 2014
If you do not PRE-pare, you will need to RE-pair! What you don’t know WILL hurt you… How to understand what the data indicates and how to change, polish, and improve a system to achieve the success you imagine. The 24th Annual UCLA Hawaii Symposium has an outstanding line-up of world-class speakers on the hottest topics in dentistry, and will be held at the Fairmont Orchid at Mauna Lani, an award-winning luxury retreat on the beautiful sun drenched Kohala Coast of Hawaii’s “Big Island.” The 5 day main conference will take place between 8am and noon each day, allowing attendees plenty of time to relax and enjoy the resort. Make no mistake about it, despite the gorgeous location, this symposium is of the highest caliber. Every year hundreds of participants come to the course looking for a beautiful vacation and take away outstanding new information and techniques to apply in their practices on Monday. The UCLA Hawaii Symposium features a full day for dental staff on Wednesday with Cindy Ishimoto, which is always very well received.
April 17th, 2013 at the AAE Annual SessionTeamwork and Team Harmony • Discuss how to use enhanced effectiveness skills to accomplish tasks by improving relationships with others. • Discuss how to use effective communication techniques that will reduce team conflicts and will increase productivity, profitability, and success. • Cultivate “take charge” skills that turn conflict into cooperation. What to Say When: A Panel Discussion Lois J. Banta, Ronald I. Deblinger, D.M.D., and Cindy Ishimoto • Describe to clinical and administrative staff how to handle delicate questions from patients. • Demonstrate the power of communication in a practice when handled in a professional way. • Strengthen relationships with coworkers, patients, and referring doctors with consistent answers. To Be or Not to Be: Family Members in Practice • Define their role/job description and tasks within the practice. • Define their responsibilities in the practice. • Describe leadership strategies they will be using as a team member within the practice.
Capturing Practice Potential ~ thriving not just Surviving Create an exceptional experience and improve the patient treatment cycle by utilizing practical, effective techniques to enhance the quality of care. This presentation provides concrete solutions and dynamic ideas that attendees can put to use immediately.